Significant Milestones in the History of Survey of Pakistan
- 1950-Establishment of Directorate of Photogrammetry at Rawalpindi.
- 1964-Establishment of Directorate of Western Circle at Quetta.
- 1986-Establishment of Survey Training Institute at Islamabad.
- 1989-Establishment of Directorate of Northern Circle at Peshawar.
- 1994-Establishment of Directorate of Eastern Circle at Lahore.
- 1999-Survey Training Institute was affiliated with Punjab Board of Technical Education (PBTE) Lahore.
- 2010–Digitization of 1:50K sheets using 1M resolution IKONOS Satellite Imagery was started.
- 2012–Digitization of 1:50K sheets covering whole of Pakistan has been completed using Satellite Imagery.
- 2014–Surveying and Mapping Act 2014 has been passed by both houses i.e lower and upper house.